Pakistan Orthopaedic Association (POA) is a non-profit, NGO of Orthopaedic Surgeons in Pakistan.
Launched in 1964 (Hyderabad)
Founder Members were:
Prof. ZK Kazi
Prof Ali Muhammad Ansari
Late Prof. A Raheem
- Aims and objectives
- To bring together all professional workers interested in the field of orthopaedics and to encourage goodwill and co-operation between them.
- To stimulate interest in the study and advancement of the science and practice of orthopaedics in all possible ways including propaganda, education and research.
- To establish and run accident & trauma service centers and hospitals to promote the objectives of the Association.
- To organize and help in the organization of Rehabilitation centers and crippled children clinics.
- To arrange lectures, clinical meetings, conferences and exhibitions for the study and discussion of all the problems of orthopedics.
- To co-operate or to enter into arrangement with other Association, Bodies and authorities (national & International) in all matters which are likely to promote the objectives of the Association.
Management Office Bearers
President: (one): All Pakistan basis
Vice Presidents(four): One each from four provinces
Secretary General (one): All Pakistan Basis
Joint Secretaries (Four): One each from four provinces
All Pakistan basis.
Executive Members (four) :
One each from four provinces
President Elect :
All Pakistan basis
Chief Editor JPOA :
Office bearers are elected every year Except Treasure & Chief Editor JPOA
- Committees to look after various concerns of POA in a more comprehensive and coordinated manner. They hold their meeting at least twice a year.
- Ethical Committee
- Constitution and Bylaws Committee
- Election Commissioner
- Education and Research Committee
- Editorial Board
- Committees for the Standardization of Local made Implants
- Committee to Organize the Annual Conference: "Pakistan Orthocon"
Members (Life / Term): (530: 300+230)
Student members 30
Associate members 2
Honorary Fellows 4
Emeritus Fellows 17
POA Academic Activities
- Fortnightly & Monthly clinical meetings at POA provincial chapters & major cities
- Pre exam (FCPS / MS Orthopaedics) intensive courses. How to take Theory & Oral Examinations Workshops.
- POA Fellowships: Scholarships awarded to junior consultants for one year in subspecialties training in Arthroplasty, Spine & Paediatric Orthopaedics & Ilizarov Ex fix.
- POA Sub specialty Forums Workshops & Courses
Pakistan Orthopaedic Association Forum
- Pakistan Orthopaedic Association Forum
- POA Spine Forum.
- POA Trauma Forum.
- POA Ilizarov Forum (ASAMI Chapter)
- POA Paediatric Orthopaedic Forum
- POA Arthroplasty / Arthroscopic surgery Forum
- POA FORUM ACTIVITIES
- Spine trauma: Hand on Training Workshops, cadaver & Live surgery. OA international has recognized Guki trust hospital Lahore for AO Spine workshop
- Hand surgery: hand on training & live surgery workshop
- Pelvis & Acetabulum fractures fixation hand on training & Live surgery workshop
Foot and Ankle Forum
The forum aims to promote development of sub specialty care in Foot and Ankle disorders by improving knowledge and skills related to diagnosis and management of disorders of foot and ankle.
- POA Forum Activities
- AO Foundation Basic & Advanced Course & workshops
- AO Foundation workshop for Operative Room Personals
- LCP Hand on training Workshop
- Plate Internal fixation & Interlocking Nailing Hand on Training workshop
- Total Knee Arthroplasty: hand on training, cadaver & Live surgery
- Total Hip Arthroplasty: Hand on training & Live Surgeryv
- Arthroscopy Knee: Hand on Training & Live surgery
- Ilizarov fixation: Hand on Training & live demonstration
- Club foot Ponseti technique: hand on training on models, live on patients & Cadaver PCT workshop
- DDH Workshops
- CDH live surgery
- Salters Osteotomy Hand on training on bone models
- Ortolani & Barlow's tests Hand on training on test models
- Cerebral Palsy course & workshop
- Hand on Examination Workshop on patients
- Gait Laboratory Demonstration
POA Social Activities
- Joint secretaries arrange social activities — families get together at various major cities & provincial headquarters.
- Regional Liaison with OA SAARC countries
- International Liaison with
- ASAM I
- To ensure mutual understanding & cooperation between regional and international associations, to know each others problems, exchange
knowledge & recent advancements
- To exchange experts from various specialties of orthopaedics to provide opportunities of training for junior fellows/consultants.
- To provide an opportunity for implant instrument industry to develop further to achieve state art
- That all in the better benefit of medical education and the patients at large.
With this objectives today over 128 delegates from Pakistan (82 POA members + 30 spouse children) are participating in APOA congress at New Delhi
Multiple papers & poster are being presented by Pakistani Delegate
3 faculty are participating in workshops
3 Guest lectures being presented
A workshop on DEFORMITY Correction held by APOA at Lahore - Pakistan on 15* October
Similarly we had an opportunity to have multiple delegates and experts who participated in Pak orthocon in recent past
The POA appreciate, acknowledge the hospitality & support provided by APOA India & IOA Delhi Organizers and for their immense support for getting visit to so big delegate of POA
The POA also acknowledge and thanks President APOA a dynamic personalities: Prof HKT Raza, Prof Anil Arora, Prof Ram Prabhoo, Prof Jamal Ashraf and all others for organizing this wonderful monument of education & training the golden jubilee congress and awarding Pakistan ”POA as a Co-Host of this congress of world leaders in orthopaedic surgery