Pakistan Orthopaedic Association (POA) is a non-profit, NGO of Orthopaedic Surgeons in Pakistan. Launched in 1964 (Hyderabad) Founder Members were: Prof. ZK Kazi, Prof Ali Muhammad Ansari, Late Prof. A Raheem
Aims and objectives
- To bring together all professional workers interested in the field of Orthopaedics and to encourage goodwill and co-operation between them.
- To stimulate interest in the study and advancement of the science and practice of Orthopaedics in all possible ways including propaganda, education and research.
- To establish and run accident & trauma service centers and hospitals to promote the objectives of the Association
- To organize and help in the organization of Rehabilitation centers and crippled children clinics.
- To arrange lectures, clinical meetings, conferences and exhibitions for the study and discussion of all the problems of orthopedics.
- To co-operate or to enter into arrangement with other Association, Bodies and authorities (national & International) in all matters which are likely to promote the objectives of the Association.
President: (one): All Pakistan basis
Secretary General (one): All Pakistan Basis
Treasurer : All Pakistan basis.
Vice Presidents(four): One each from four provinces
Joint Secretaries (Four): One each from four provinces
Executive Members (five): One each from four provinces
President Elect: All Pakistan basis
Immediate Past President Past President
Editor in Chief JPOA
Committees to look after various concerns of POA in a more comprehensive and coordinated manner. They hold their meeting at least twice a year.
- Ethical Committee
- Constitution and Bylaws Committee
- Election Commission
- Education and Research Committee
- Standardization of Implants Committees
- Life Members
- Annual Members
- Student members
- Associate members
- Honorary Fellows
- Emeritus Fellows
|1.||POA Foot & Ankle Forum||Dr. Tashfeen Ahmadfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2.||POA Oncology Forum||Prof. (Maj. Gen.) Sohail Hafeezemail@example.com|
|3.||POA Arthroscopy Forum||Dr. Khalid Mehmood Shahfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4.||POA Trauma Forum||Prof. Muhammad Suhail Aminemail@example.com|
|5.||POA Pelvic & Accetabulum Forum||Dr. Masood Umerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- To ensure mutual understanding & cooperation between regional and international associations, to know each others problems, exchange knowledge & recent advancements
- To exchange experts from various specialties of orthopaedics to provide opportunities of training for junior fellows/consultants. To provide an opportunity for implant instrument industry to develop further to achieve state art That all in the better benefit of medical education and the patients at large. Liaisons
- Regional Liaison with OA SAARC countries
- Liaison with APOA SICOT ASAM I AAOS