Pakistan Orthopaedic Association (POA) is now accepting nominations for the 2019 Best Teacher/ Academician Award.
2019 Best Teacher/ Academician Award honors an individual for pre-eminence in and contributions to the field of Orthopaedics over his/her career.
2019 Best Teacher/ Academician Award will be presented during 33rd International Pak Orthocon 2019 to be held in Hotel PC, Lahore from 14-17th November. 2019. The winners will be announced by 30th October 2019.
This criterion is designed taking into consideration various aspects of a trainer/teacher’s academic contributions. The comprehensive assessment should essentially have holistic character and encompass all possible domains of academia. The same has been the guiding principle in designing this criterion.
There are few proposals regarding implementation of this criterion:
- The Academic Calendar should be from 1st November 2018 to 1st November 2019 of the year for which award is being given.
- Applications based on this criterion should be invited by the POA Exec Board and decision made by POA Central Executive office bearer committee after scrutinizing applications and evidence provided.
- The highest score should be awarded “BEST ACADEMICIAN” award of year 2018-2019.
- The contribution made by an individual can be in number of conferences/courses/workshops in any calendar year. However, to give holistic character to scoring system, the maximum marks achievable in any particular area of academic contribution has been limited.
Please see eligibility criteria before submitting nomination forms for the Best Services Award.
|CPSP/ UNIVERSITY Related Academia|
|Training Supervisor with registered residents Paper/TOACS setter Examiner|
|POA/Society Fellowship Supervisor with Fellows under training|
|Course/Workshop Faculty Course/Workshop Chairman or Coordinator|
Course/Workshop Director Live Surgery/Wet Lab Demo
|Chairman/Co-chair of Conference/Scientific Committee |
Chair/Co-chair of Session
Moderator of Session Plenary/Invited Talks
|SCHOLARSHIP & RESEARCH|
|Post-graduate Dean Member of CPSP/University/Med College/Education Faculty |
Publications in Index Journals
Chapter in text book with ISSN
|National Orthopaedic registry|
National coordinator Member of registry committee
How to Submit
- Submission will only be accepted on the firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for receiving nominations is October 30, 2019. The deadline will be strictly adhered to.
- All materials in the nomination package should be uploaded with each individual document in PDF format. The names of the documents should be the following.
- The .zip archive file should be sent as an email attachment to email@example.com by the nomination submission deadline.
- All submissions will be acknowledged by return email.
- Successful candidates will be notified by October 30, 2019 following the submission deadline.
- Completed nomination forms should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Best services Award Nominations”.
With best regards
Prof. Khalil Ahmed Gill
Pakistan Orthopaedic Association